Having survived a near fatal shot from the employment fire-sale of the great recession in 2009, in 2011 Nick was once again staring down the barrel of economic downsizing. Already contemplating a career change, he and his wife Erin decided to take a proactive approach to their future employment and turn their current love, appreciation, and production of quality craft beer into a full-time occupation. The time was right and the two agreed that there was an opportunity for success in the launch of a Nano Brewery here in the Rogue Valley. In 2011 they launched the Apocalypse Brewing Company. Shortly thereafter, their good friend Dennis began taking an active roll in the business and has been providing planning and development support since.
Apocalypse Brewing operates on a half-barrel system and is targeting a production level of 6 barrels a month. They strive to offer five regular beer selections on tap, one rotating specialty tap, and one guest tap.
Hailing from the great Pacific Northwest, the brewers choose to honor the ingredients produced here as much as possible in their brews. And while we enjoy the technology available to us now, they know that it could all go away tomorrow, so they believe in a brewing process that is distilled as far down as reasonably possible while still achieving consistently excellent results. You won’t see any advanced equipment in the Apocalypse brewery – only what is absolutely necessary to make the beer they love to drink.
So come on down, raise a pint… and embrace the chaos! Our hours of operation are:
- Monday’s: 5:00PM – Close*
- Thursday’s: 4:00PM – 9:00PM
- Friday’s: 4:00PM – 9:00PM
- Saturday’s: 12:00AM – 9:00PM
- Sunday’s: 12:00AM – 7:00PM
*Until end of Football game or as long as folks are here!
We’re located at 545 Rossanley Drive, Suite 106 – 1.2miles from I-5, and just over the bridge from the new REI and Trader Joe’s!
- From I-5 North, take Exit 30 and turn left at the stoplight onto Hwy 62. Travel approximately 1.2 miles (passing through several lights, crossing over Hwy99, and passing the REI and Trader Joes complex on your left) over the bridge. Continue straight through the intersection of Sage and Rossanley (you’re not on Rossanley btw) and look for the Human Bean (and our sandwich board sign) on the left! You made it!
- From I-5 South, take Exit 30 and turn right at the stoplight onto Hwy 62. Travel approximately 1.2 miles (passing through several lights, crossing over Hwy99, and passing the REI and Trader Joes complex on your left) over the bridge. Continue straight through the intersection of Sage and Rossanley (you’re not on Rossanley btw) and look for the Human Bean (and our sandwich board sign) on the left! You made it!
Since we’re not a food service establishment, we’re totally pet friendly. If your (leashed) pup wants to come hang out, we love dogs and they’re certainly welcome in our establishment!
!! FOLLOW US !!
Co-Founder, Head Brewer
Co-Founder, Operations Support
Brewer, Operations Support (he’s our Tyler Pickel…)